About the team 🚀
Smart’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. They grow in a demanding environment that values performance and high-availability: our platform manages over 1 000 000 bid requests per second and our dataset is about 3 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 2TB additional data per day).
Our innovation team based in Paris and Nantes is composed by 70 straightforward and energetic individuals working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
Your mission 👇
At Smart, Data is absolutely core.
We ingest multiple billions of events per day. This data is then transformed and crunched to be used by our customers and everybody throughout the company, whether it is for BI analysis, data science algorithms (clustering and optimization), customer reporting and invoicing and more.
Our Data Team is responsible for building a scalable and robust platform that handles log ingestion, data storage and optimization, aggregation and external access through dedicated APIs.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team of 5 stop-at-nothing individuals ready to scale our data organization!
- Build an effective data infrastructure that will generate insights for Smart’s analytics
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain new features for the statistics platform
- Propose and develop innovative solutions to achieve the best levels of scalability and performance of our engine
- Brainstorm with other Data Team members to improve existing optimization systems
About you 💪
You like working with problems involving huge amounts of data with requirements for high throughput and millisecond response times.
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of software development in an open source environment
- Familiar with large-scale technologies (Scala, ClickHouse / Hadoop, Spark, Kafka Stream, Spark Streaming, Hbase, NoSQL)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how to identify opportunities of improvement Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Passion for playing with large volume of data
- Personal projects with code sharing
Why you should apply...
- 👫 We are one! At Smart, we care for our people. We are certified Great Place To Work and are constantly improving our working environment. Meet the team: https://youtu.be/BxvmLDyXct0
- 👍 Grow with us! You will work in a challenging and fast-paced profitable context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally.
- 👊 Leave your mark! Smart is a human-size company. Our employees thrive under autonomy and can easily have a strong impact on our business, customers and organization.
- ✈️ Live global! You will work across countries & cultures through career path or Backpackers Program, our interoffice exchange program to boost employees’ collaboration.
- 🎯 We are transparent! We speak with fact and data and have a true culture of feedback. We believe in an open world and show a strong sense of integrity both internally & externally.